I’m one of those people who likes to put at the top of my lists “make list” so I have something immediately to check off. I love lists, and certainly there have been plenty on this site. But it’s not enough to simply make a list – you have to put it to use.
As a result, after turning up my 2015 to-do list from this past March I realized there are a few items yet untouched. I thought recapping it here might help motivate me to check off one more project before my most critical growing – that of baby number 2 due this fall – saps all of my remaining energy.
So without further ado, how did we do?
- Plant all six veggie beds – Success!
- Fertilize the lawn (finally) – Well….. not so much
- Cut down the front holly – Alas, yes
- Plant the boxwoods in front of the house and extend the front bed – If you count the pokeberries it’s sort of planted. I guess that’s a no.
- Edge the garden near the veggies with stone – Stone has been purchased, so step one is down
- Plant at least one shrub in the corner near the baby’s swing – Nope
- Complete my rain barrel making project (more on that as soon as my galvanized drum cover arrives in the mail) – Oh I’ll check this off before fall is officially here or die trying (which is possible since Chris keeps saying I shouldn’t lean inside the thing to inhale the fumes when I silicone the gaps in my assembly)!
- Build the long veggie bed (would love to plant it but am trying to rein in my enthusiasm before my garden partner rips out his hair on one project to many) – Yes!
3.5 out of 8’s not bad?